The importance of choke tube holder or case can be realized better by hunting-lovers. If you are new in this field you can also notice how difficult hunting is without a choke tube case.
However, for hunting you have to carry several chokes. If you have a choke tube case it’s very easy to handle all the chokes. But you may be got puzzled while choosing your perfect choke tube case. Because there are varieties of choke tube case in the market manufactured by different companies.
To help you picking a suitable choke tube case, which is at the same time durable and good looking, here is highlighted best choke tube cases reviews.
What Is A Choke Tube?
The inside bore constriction at the front end of a shotgun’s barrel is known as the choke. A choke tube constricts a gun’s shot charge to carry it along, longer before the shot spreads, thus giving a denser shot pattern at longer range than an open choke.
Why Should You Use Choke Tube Case?
In hunting season, you may go shooting in trap, sporting clay or waterways and need a few choke tubes. Each choke tube is not so cheap. So you must need a safer and organized place to carry them.
What Are The Different Types Of Choke Tubes?
There are four major types of choke tubes, they are – modified, cylinder, improved, and full. Each choke is used for different specific purpose. These basic choke tubes are often designed for shooting different specific games or purposes.
Allen Eliminator Choke Tube Case
This clam shaped choke tube case is perfect for keeping chokes whether you go for clay shooter, upland or waterfowl hunting. It’s very suitable to use and very popular to regular hunters.
It is available and easy to carry anywhere. It has some simple yet necessary features that make it popular to all hunters. So let’s check out the features:
- Elastic loop: It has six elastic loops that securely hold your choke tubes and keeps them easily accessible.
- Specifications: The height of the product is 1 inch, depth 10 inch and width 5.25 inch. It’s not so large to carry with you. It’s a perfect sized pouch with 100.8 gram of weight.
- Choke tube vials: It also includes 3 choke tube vials to carry your choke tubes. The choke tube vials are made with clear strong plastic.
- Different attachment options: The pouch has a belt loop and a snap clip to offer different attachment option. Either you can clip it on with your dress or wear on belt.
Every product has some criticized factors. There might be several qualities but you may not like one or two factors. Allen Eliminator choke tube also has same criticized factors that may bother you.
- Extra choke tube case: The three plastic tubes that come with the pouch are not long enough to fit the extended chokes. However, if you don’t use them the chokes will fit and the wrench will fit on the opposite side.
- Not so large: Some people want it a bit larger, as they claim they have to squeeze their extended choke tubes to get it to fit it.
Carlson’s 5 Tube Protective Choke Carrying Case
This is another well-made choke tube case. It’s very popular for its strong and sturdy manufacture and protective quality. You will definitely love it when you start using it.
It is best for the gun of Bell and Carlson. Perfect case for sporting clays or skeet.
If you want something affordable yet durable you can buy it with your eyes closed. Let’s see what features Carlson’s has to have faith in it:
- Dimensions: This hard shell like case has a height of 2.3 inch and width 5 inch. It is very light weight to carry having 0.47 lbs.
- Choke storage capacity: It can hold 5 standards chokes plus there is room in the bottom for additional items, where you can carry additional choke tubes and choke wrench.
- Molded foam exterior: The EVA molded foam exterior on this case provides superior protection for your choke.
- Tube holder: The tube holders are Velcro’d to the inside.
You can confidently buy this product. But no product is 100 percent flawless. May be some features you may not like from this product. But before buying, you must know about the criticized features.
- Problem with extended choke: This case is not for extended choke. But good for normal sized choke like 8 inches chokes. Extended chokes are too long to fit is this choke.
- Troubles with choke movement: It seems hard to get tubes in and out of.
If you don’t have a choke tube case or a bad quality case, you may get puzzled with your chokes or feel unorganized throughout your hunting time. Here we include enough information and suggestion about the best choke tube cases. Hope this will help you to pick the best product from the market. Be with us to get more reviews about products. We always make best choice for you!